Sharing some of their most invigorating case studies the DPA Executive Coaching team will explore the questions:
- How can we move healthcare away from a system of entitlement to one that promotes value, eliminates waste while ensuring quality patient care?
- Can the integration of lean management system and a financial rolling forecast system result in outcomes for patients, and caregivers while promoting innovation and fiscal responsibility.
- The team will also share practical tips for building a culture of customer centric continuous improvement:
- Using simple visual management tools,
- Maintaining a focus on respect for people and
- Building leadership capability at all levels to support innovation, and fiscal responsibility.
About Debbie Sears Barnard
Debbie Sears Barnard currently holds the position of Consultant, Joint Commission International and Transformation & Mindset, DPA Executive Coaching. Her passion for healthcare improvement has led her to collaborate with healthcare leaders, including clinicians and other providers from the bedside to the boardroom. Debbie has worked in and supported healthcare organizations internationally including, the North and South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Her experience includes:
- Over three decades in healthcare in a variety of practice settings including acute care, home health, hospice, and an academic setting; and in organizations of varying degrees of complexity.
- Expertise in lean systems thinking & strategy deployment, executive leadership development, quality and organization improvement, and organizational development & learning.
- Former Ontario Hospital Association faculty for the Effective Governance for Quality & Patient Safety program.
She is a designated Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), Canadian EXTRA Fellow and holds a Certificate in Advance Nursing Education (Hons), a Bachelor of Arts in Applied Behavioral Sciences, and a Master of Science in Human Resource Management and Development.
For over 15 years Andre DeMerchant has been a noteworthy leader in healthcare improvement through his organization DeMerchant Healthcare Solutions Inc. You may also know him from his transformational improvement work in manufacturing, agriculture, aerospace and the textile industry as well as his occasional appearances as a keynote speaker at industry conferences.
From a base of knowledge developed from 16 years as a leader in the Toyota system, Andre has travelled to several countries in Europe and Central America while supporting sustainable client site improvement and Executive team learning and growth.
When not staying busy mentoring members of Executive teams, Andre can be found working with his horses at home in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada.
About Paul St George
Paul St George has over 30 years of senior financial roles within large complex Healthcare, Higher Education and Research industries. He holds a Master of Business Administration from Laurentian University and a CPA, CGA accounting designation. Mr. St George has also completed various leadership courses, including a certificate in Business Leadership for Finance Executives from the University of Toronto.
Paul held a senior VP role in a lean healthcare organization to develop the necessary mental models and passion for problem-solving and mentoring leaders. Today, Paul continues in a Senior finance role as the Associate Vice President Financial Resources at the University of Ottawa, where he manages various financial aspects and is also overseeing a multi-million-dollar modernization project.