The ability to clearly reason through problems and to present arguments in a logical, compelling way has become a key skill for survival in today’s world. This 1 day workshop will give you some practical tools and hands-on experience for challenging situations systematically, thinking them through and swiftly considering all options.
- Make better decisions through critical thinking
- Select the best decision given the specific situation
- Improve key critical thinking skills, including active listening and questioning
- Use analytical thought systems and creative thinking techniques
- Understand the process to understand the problem, evaluate the evidence, and make logical and thoughtful decisions
- Enhance problem solving skills
- Be able to come to well-reasoned conclusions and solutions, testing them against relevant criteria and standards
- Communicate effectively with others in figuring out solutions to complex problems
- Begin to work on a more analytical and considered basis, resulting in sounder decisions.
- What is Critical Thinking?
- Critical Thinking Styles
- Whole-Brain Thinking
- Leveraging left- and right-brain dominance
- Essential Dimensions of Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Critical Thinking Process
- A Critical Thinker’s Skill Set
- Probing Techniques
- Dealing with Assumptions
- Barriers to Critical Thinking
Who should attend?
- Individuals who would like to explore their own critical thinking style
- Anyone who would like to learn new techniques to get to the root cause of the problem
- Individuals whose job involves problem solving, ideas generation
This course is recognised by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)